Each year, the Houston County Republican Party awards a scholarship in the amount of $500 to
a Houston County, GA high school senior. This scholarship is designed to provide financial
support to a graduating high school senior who espouses the values of Conservatism and the
Republican Party. This scholarship is based on: essay content, civic and school involvement,
and contributions to local government and/or campaign activities that show dedication to
1. The applicant must be a Houston County resident.
2. The applicant must be a graduating senior in the spring of 2018.
3. The applicant must be attending college in the fall of 2018.
4. A brief letter of recommendation from an adult (not a relative) who can attest to
your character and activities must be emailed (preferred method) or
postmarked by Friday, February 23, 2018 to the address below.
5. Attach a small, current photo of yourself to your application.
6. Use the space provided on the application form for all your answers except
the essay. The essay should be attached to the application form and should be no more
than two typed pages in length.
7. Your application, picture, and essay must be emailed (preferred method) or postmarked
by Friday, February 23, 2018.
Houston County Republican Party
Attn: Scholarship Chairperson
P.O. Box 7917
Warner Robins, GA 31095